More From Hal Borland
- "Man is wise and constantly in quest of more wisdom; but the ultimate wisdom, which deals with beginnings, remains locked in a seed. There it lies, the simplest fact of the universe and at the same time the one which calls forth faith rather than reason."
- "You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet."
- "A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart."
More In Patience
- "This is the story of what a Woman’s patience can endure, and what a Man’s resolution can achieve."― Wilkie Collins
- "Patience was not something that came naturally to me, but in cooking it is the quintessential skill."― Gail Simmons
- "I have declared that patience is never more than patient. I too have declared, that I who am not patient am patient."― Gertrude Stein