More From H. G. Wells
- "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
- "After people have repeated a phrase a great number of times, they begin to realize it has meaning and may even be true."
- "I must confess that my imagination refuses to see any sort of submarine doing anything but suffocating its crew and floundering at sea."
More In History
- "My position is not that John Kerry is either Jesus Christ or the prophet Mohammad. My position is that John Kerry is the possibility of restarting politics."― Todd Gitlin
- "To be sure, the vast majority of people who are untrained can accept the results of science only on authority."― Morris Raphael Cohen
- "It is the soothing thing about history that it does repeat itself."― Gertrude Stein