More From Gus Van Sant
- "The artist himself is actually the subject in everything after, say, 1900. Eventually, art becomes so removed from the community that you have to know about the artist before you can even look at the painting, because there is a conceptual idea going on."
- "Gay marriage is the last bastion of, to me… as a legal, ceremonial, sentimental and religious side, it’s one of the last steps. Retaining your job being one of the earlier steps, like, not getting kicked out of your job because you’re gay."
- "With ‘Good Will Hunting,’ Miramax made certain the recruited audience wasn’t expecting to laugh at Robin Williams like they normally do. From my limited experience, you can really blow test screenings by conducting them in the wrong way."
More In Car
- "I went to military college in Canada and graduated as an officer in the Navy but also as an engineer."― Marc Garneau
- "The most important loan to pay is your student loan. It’s more important than your mortgage, car and credit card payments. You cannot discharge student loan debt in the majority of cases."― Suze Orman
- "Especially in the car ride to and from gym. I find myself spacing out a lot, just visualizing what the Olympics would be like and just having such great role models."― Aly Raisman