More From Gus Van Sant
- "Even when you’re making a movie about life, death is a presence, and I guess it’s part of my dramatic viewpoint. I’m not sure why exactly."
- "When I was 14, I felt very rundown; I had a home to go to, but I felt like I was 60 or something, older than I feel now. And I don’t know if it’s something that happens at 14, or whether it was adolescence or whether I was gay, or closeted gay, or whatever it was, I felt that."
- "In rare cases, I’ve had music before I shot the movie. I think that for ‘Good Will Hunting’ I had an Elliot Smith record or a couple of them and I just somehow felt like the sound had something to it that reminded me of the story. So in that case there was music beforehand."
More In Family
- "My family put a lot of emphasis on homework, so there weren’t too many comic books or video games for me, when I was growing up."― Wentworth Miller
- "Life is hard. After all, it kills you."― Katharine Hepburn
- "I was in the Commons recently and saw a young lady wearing a nice pair of shoes. I said I liked them and she said my shoes were the reason she became involved in politics."― Theresa May