More From Grover Cleveland
- "Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote. The relative positions to be assumed by man and woman in the working out of our civilization were assigned long ago by a higher intelligence than ours."
- "A truly American sentiment recognizes the dignity of labor and the fact that honor lies in honest toil."
- "Your every voter, as surely as your chief magistrate, exercises a public trust."
More In Men
- "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."― Julius Caesar
- "We soon found that the white men were growing rich very fast, and were greedy."― Chief Joseph
- "From sixteen to twenty, all women, kept in humor by their hopes and by their attractions, appear to be good-natured."― Samuel Richardson