More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "A man who says that no patriot should attack the war until it is over… is saying no good son should warn his mother of a cliff until she has fallen."
- "Education is the period during which you are being instructed by somebody you do not know, about something you do not want to know."
- "The word “good” has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man."
More In Religion
- "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."― Francis of Assisi
- "I think of religion as something that stains the person. It’s a mindset you can never get free from, it’s always in the back of your head."― Angel Haze
- "All human beings have an innate need to hear and tell stories and to have a story to live by. religion, whatever else it has done, has provided one of the main ways of meeting this abiding need."― Harvey Cox