More From Geronimo
- "I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as other Indian babes. I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."
- "I was no chief and never had been, but because I had been more deeply wronged than others, this honor was conferred upon me, and I resolved to prove worthy of the trust."
- "The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians."
More In God
- "But this will not do, God will certainly punish you for stealing and for being unfaithful."― Jupiter Hammon
- "Children are God’s Apostles, sent forth, day by day, to preach of love, and hope, and peace."― James Russell Lowell
- "Consult your friend on all things, especially on those which respect yourself. His counsel may then be useful where your own self-love might impair your judgment."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca