More From Geronimo
- "I was no chief and never had been, but because I had been more deeply wronged than others, this honor was conferred upon me, and I resolved to prove worthy of the trust."
- "The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians."
- "I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as other Indian babes. I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."
More In God
- "God help those who do not help themselves."― Wilson Mizner
- "Do you think God gets stoned? I think so… look at the platypus."― Robin Williams
- "God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason."― Dag Hammarskjold