More From Geronimo
- "I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as other Indian babes. I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."
- "I was no chief and never had been, but because I had been more deeply wronged than others, this honor was conferred upon me, and I resolved to prove worthy of the trust."
- "The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians."
More In God
- "Women can stand a beating except when it is with their own weapons."― Samuel Butler
- "There’s only one effectively redemptive sacrifice, the sacrifice of self-will to make room for the knowledge of God."― Aldous Huxley
- "I’ve been saying for a couple of years now that people need to let God out of the Sunday morning box, that He doesn’t want to just be with you for an hour or two on Sunday morning and then put back in His box to sit there until you have an emergency, but He wants to invade your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday."― Joyce Meyer