More From Georgios A. Papandreou
- "Europe has a lot of strength. We need to pool that strength, and I am very much in favour of that – more of a deeper political union."
- "Unfortunately, corruption is widespread in government agencies and public enterprises. Our political system promotes nepotism and wasting money. This has undermined our legal system and confidence in the functioning of the state. One of the consequences is that many citizens don’t pay their taxes."
- "Politics also means educating people. It’s important to speak openly with our fellow Greeks, to tell them what our problems are and that we have to change something."
More In Politics
- "In politics women type the letters, lick the stamps, distribute the pamphlets and get out the vote. Men get elected."― Clare Boothe Luce
- "You have to take away some of tax breaks for the wealthy, and you have to cut back on some entitlements. Because, unless we do all of these things, it just doesn’t work. And what’s good theater and what’s good politics isn’t necessarily good economic policy."― Michael Bloomberg
- "In almost every country there are elements of opinion which would welcome such a conclusion because they wish to return to the politics of the balance of power, unrestricted and unregulated armaments, international anarchy, and preparation for war."― Arthur Henderson