More From Georgios A. Papandreou
- "People would say you look weak if you’re not cursing the opposition and driving around in a big black car while always wearing a tie. Above all, to be ‘strong’ you’re always supposed to be giving orders."
- "Unfortunately, corruption is widespread in government agencies and public enterprises. Our political system promotes nepotism and wasting money. This has undermined our legal system and confidence in the functioning of the state. One of the consequences is that many citizens don’t pay their taxes."
- "If Greece had gone through a very normal political life, I may have not been in politics. But just the fact that I lived through huge upheavals and very difficult struggles and polarisation and the barbarism of dictatorships – that made me feel that we had to change this country."
More In History
- "All the gossip and craziness becomes a kind of sustained narrative which, in turn, can become history. It’s scary."― Barbara Kruger
- "I believe in monogamy if that’s what a couple decides upon together, but it all depends on the personal history and culture of the two involved."― K. D. Lang
- "We study the injustices of history for the same reason that we study genocide, and for the same reason that psychologists study the minds of murderers and rapists… to understand how those evil things came about."― Jared Diamond