More From George Santayana
- "A conception not reducible to the small change of daily experience is like a currency not exchangeable for articles of consumption; it is not a symbol, but a fraud."
- "Intelligence is quickness in seeing things as they are."
- "To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography."
More In Religion
- "And I like the look on people’s faces when I say I’m doing this movie called Pride and Prejudice and they kind of smile, and then I say I’m in a movie called Doom and they kind of do a double take and try and put the two things together. And they never quite manage to."― Rosamund Pike
- "Then if your movie clicks with real audiences, you’ll be sucked into some sort of Hollywood orbit. It’s a devil of a place where the only religion that really counts is box office."― Yahoo Serious
- "In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point."― Friedrich Nietzsche