More From George Santayana
- "Many possessions, if they do not make a man better, are at least expected to make his children happier; and this pathetic hope is behind many exertions."
- "Language is like money, without which specific relative values may well exist and be felt, but cannot be reduced to a common denominator."
- "Graphic design is the paradise of individuality, eccentricity, heresy, abnormality, hobbies and humors."
More In History
- "My mom was a Democrat and I was scared to death that she was gonna blow it. First I was going to hell with Monroe, and now to Republican hell with Nixon."― Tommy Rettig
- "It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years."― Tom Lehrer
- "Watch the History Channel if you want it literal and historically perfect."― Emily Blunt