More From George Santayana
- "Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it."
- "It is veneer, rouge, aestheticism, art museums, new theaters, etc. that make America impotent. The good things are football, kindness, and jazz bands."
- "A string of excited, fugitive, miscellaneous pleasures is not happiness; happiness resides in imaginative reflection and judgment, when the picture of one’s life, or of human life, as it truly has been or is, satisfies the will, and is gladly accepted."
More In Change
- "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."― Amelia Earhart
- "He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator."― Francis Bacon
- "When you are young and healthy, it never occurs to you that in a single second your whole life could change."― Annette Funicello