More From George S. Patton
- "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
- "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."
- "Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn’t give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war."
More In Time
- "Time stays, we go."― H. L. Mencken
- "A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged; it is the skin of a living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the circumstances and time in which it is used."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human being."― Jane Wyman