More From George S. Patton
- "Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
- "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."
More In Best
- "I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy."― George Bernard Shaw
- "Diligence is the mother of good fortune, and idleness, its opposite, never brought a man to the goal of any of his best wishes."― Miguel de Cervantes
- "Humor is one of the best ingredients of survival."― Aung San Suu Kyi