More From George Orwell
- "On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."
- "No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
- "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."
More In Jealousy
- "A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes."― Ludwig Wittgenstein
- "No jealousy their dawn of love overcast, nor blasted were their wedded days with strife; each season looked delightful as it past, to the fond husband and the faithful wife."― James Beattie
- "Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld