More From George Mason
- "Your dear baby has died innocent and blameless, and has been called away by an all wise and merciful Creator, most probably from a life to misery and misfortune, and most certainly to one of happiness and bliss."
- "In all our associations; in all our agreements let us never lose sight of this fundamental maxim – that all power was originally lodged in, and consequently is derived from, the people."
- "As much as I value an union of all the states, I would not admit the southern states into the union, unless they agreed to the discontinuance of this disgraceful trade, because it would bring weakness and not strength to the union."
More In Experience
- "It is brilliant going to the theatre and being forced to sit and listen and think about life. It can be almost a near-religious experience."― Emily Mortimer
- "A spy, like a writer, lives outside the mainstream population. He steals his experience through bribes and reconstructs it."― John le Carre
- "A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart."― Tom Brady