More From George Henry Lewes
- "The delusions of self-love cannot be prevented, but intellectual misconceptions as to the means of achieving success may be corrected."
- "Endeavour to be faithful, and if there is any beauty in your thought, your style will be beautiful; if there is any real emotion to express, the expression will be moving."
- "Insincerity is always weakness; sincerity even in error is strength."
More In Experience
- "Every film is its own experience, its own planet, its own family. It seems infinite when you’re working on it, and then it’s suddenly very finite, and it’s done."― Diane Lane
- "Anyone that has come to America past the age of eighteen will be able to understand when I say that you can never shake your accent."― Martin Yan
- "Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It’s either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it’s Colin."― Tim Vine