More From George Eliot
- "You should read history and look at ostracism, persecution, martyrdom, and that kind of thing. They always happen to the best men, you know."
- "For what is love itself, for the one we love best? An enfolding of immeasurable cares which yet are better than any joys outside our love."
- "The intense happiness of our union is derived in a high degree from the perfect freedom with which we each follow and declare our own impressions."
More In Dad
- "My little son, Atticus, desperately needs his dad and I haven’t been there for him… and that’s sad."― Daniel Baldwin
- "My dad was a particularly polite kind of guy, very courteous."― Paul McCartney
- "He described how, as a boy of 14, his dad had been down the mining pit, his uncle had been down the pit, his brother had been down the pit, and of course he would go down the pit."― Barbara Castle