More From Garrett Hardin
- "Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons."
- "Fundamentalists are panicked by the apparent disintegration of the family, the disappearance of certainty and the decay of morality. Fear leads them to ask, if we cannot trust the Bible, what can we trust?"
- "In a finite world this means that the per capita share of the world’s goods must steadily decrease."
More In Environmental
- "I tell my environmental friends that they have won. Every issue we look at from an energy perspective is now also looked at from an environmental perspective."― Joe Barton
- "I align myself with almost all researchers in assuming that anything we do is a composite of whatever genetic limitations were given to us by our parents and whatever kinds of environmental opportunities are available."― Howard Gardner
- "Environmental concern is now firmly embedded in public life: in education, medicine and law; in journalism, literature and art."― Barry Commoner