More From Fredrik Bajer
- "Indeed; peace literature is almost exclusively read, though to good effect, by pacifists, while what is needed is the canvassing of those who have not so far been won to the cause."
- "Waging war we understand, but not waging peace, or at any rate less consciously so."
- "But I feel convinced, and I venture even to prophesy in this regard, that the time will come when there will also be a minister of peace in the cabinet, seated beside the ministers of war."
More In Peace
- "The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."― Douglas MacArthur
- "When I lived in New York, not only did I have safety locks on the door but I had the music going, keeping the city at a distance, trying to find creative time and peace and so forth."― Ann Beattie
- "Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches, or June and moon, or good people and noble ventures."― M. F. K. Fisher