More From Frederic Bastiat
- "And what is liberty, whose very name makes the heart beat faster and shakes the world? Is it not the union of all liberties – liberty of conscience, of education, of association, of the press, of travel, or labor, or trade?"
- "The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else."
- "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
More In Legal
- "Fifty percent of our country that we own, have all legal jurisdiction, have all rights to do whatever we want, lies beneath the sea and we have better maps of Mars than that 50 percent."― Robert Ballard
- "I did this within a philosophical framework, and a moral and legal framework. And I have been turned into a cartoon of the greatest villain in the history of lobbying."― Jack Abramoff
- "I think that the proposed constitution is one of the European legal documents with the strongest social dimension I have seen since I began following European issues."― Jean-Pierre Raffarin