More From Franz Grillparzer
- "Prose talks and poetry sings."
- "Drink and be thankful to the host! What seems insignificant when you have it, is important when you need it."
- "Whoever places his trust into a system will soon be without a home. While you are building your third story, the two lower ones have already been dismantled."
More In Poetry
- "Because we spoke so loudly, opponents of reproductive health access demonized and smeared me and others on the public airwaves. These smears are obvious attempts to distract from meaningful policy discussions and to silence women’s voices regarding their own health care."― Sandra Fluke
- "We recognise in the finished art, which is the result of these conditions, the best words in the best order – poetry; and to put this essential poetry into different classes is impossible."― John Drinkwater
- "I don’t pretend to understand the Universe – it’s a great deal bigger than I am."― Thomas Carlyle