More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples."
- "Selfishness is the only real atheism; aspiration, unselfishness, the only real religion."
- "No group and no government can properly prescribe precisely what should constitute the body of knowledge with which true education is concerned."
More In Religion
- "The Lord’s prayer contains the sum total of religion and morals."― Arthur Wellesley
- "I’d like to see marriage count again among African-Americans and not just in the society in general."― Leah Ward Sears
- "The major obstacle to a religious renewal is the intellectual classes, who are highly influential and tend to view religion as primitive superstition. They believe that science has left atheism as the only respectable intellectual stance."― Robert Bork