More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "No group and no government can properly prescribe precisely what should constitute the body of knowledge with which true education is concerned."
- "Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education."
- "Favor comes because for a brief moment in the great space of human change and progress some general human purpose finds in him a satisfactory embodiment."
More In Great
- "It is only the enlightened ruler and the wise general who will use the highest intelligence of the army for the purposes of spying, and thereby they achieve great results."― Sun Tzu
- "That business we started with 10 people has now grown into a great American success story."― Mitt Romney
- "If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don’t get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name."― Theodore Roosevelt