More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force."
- "Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples."
- "Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education."
More In Government
- "In government offices which are sensitive to the vehemence and passion of mass sentiment public men have no sure tenure. They are in effect perpetual office seekers, always on trial for their political lives, always required to court their restless constituents."― Walter Lippmann
- "Aggression is simply another name for government."― Benjamin Tucker
- "When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives."― Robert A. Heinlein