More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Put two or three men in positions of conflicting authority. This will force them to work at loggerheads, allowing you to be the ultimate arbiter."
- "Not only our future economic soundness but the very soundness of our democratic institutions depends on the determination of our government to give employment to idle men."
- "One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment… If it doesn’t turn out right, we can modify it as we go along."
More In Peace
- "Every day I’ve got to be thankful that I am alive, and you never know – the cliche is, I guess, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so you’d better be at peace with whatever you got going at the moment."― Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- "Can you look forward to the future of our country and imagine any state of things in which, with slavery still existing, we should be assured of permanent peace? I cannot."― Robert Dale Owen
- "I’ve also gotten to play in front of a million people in Central Park when there was a grass roots movement calling for nuclear disarmament – it was about 1982 – they called it Peace Sunday."― Jackson Browne