More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings."
- "No government can help the destinies of people who insist in putting sectional and class consciousness ahead of general weal."
- "Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."
More In Strength
- "It is impossible for our working people to maintain their full strength if they do not succeed in obtaining a sufficient supply of fat, allotted to them on a proper basis."― Paul von Hindenburg
- "To me, thoughts are fun and art is fun. The strength of our society should not be idle entertainments but the joy of pursuing ideas."― Philip Kaufman
- "I think that my past stands me in good stead in that it does have a certain strength for musicians."― John Sebastian