More From Frank McCourt
- "I had no accomplishments except surviving. But that isn’t enough in the community where I came from, because everybody was doing it. So I wasn’t prepared for America, where everybody is glowing with good teeth and good clothes and food."
- "Happiness is hard to recall. Its just a glow."
- "The sky is the limit. You never have the same experience twice."
More In Teacher
- "Tragedy is a hell of a teacher. It’s much too strict, but it’s a hell of a teacher."― Harlan Coben
- "I am sure it is one’s duty as a teacher to try to show boys that no opinions, no tastes, no emotions are worth much unless they are one’s own. I suffered acutely as a boy from the lack of being shown this."― A. C. Benson
- "I was very studious, too much. I would never go out at weekends. I was very serious. You should have seen me in class – I was blushing and sweating every time the teacher asked me something."― Eva Green