More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen."
- "A work can become modern only if it is first postmodern. Postmodernism thus understood is not modernism at its end but in the nascent state, and this state is constant."
- "We should often feel ashamed of our best actions if the world could see all the motives which produced them."
More In Change
- "You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change."― Les Brown
- "I can’t change overnight into a serious literary author. You can’t compare apples to oranges. William Faulkner was a great literary genius. I am not."― John Grisham
- "Reality is easy. It’s deception that’s the hard work."― Lauryn Hill