More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Though nature be ever so generous, yet can she not make a hero alone. Fortune must contribute her part too; and till both concur, the work cannot be perfected."
- "We seldom find any person of good sense, except those who share our opinions."
- "We are nearer loving those who hate us than those who love us more than we wish."
More In Friendship
- "There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."― Thomas Aquinas
- "I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship."― Pietro Aretino
- "An excellent man; he has no enemies; and none of his friends like him."― Oscar Wilde