More From Fran Lebowitz
- "My desire to curtail undue freedom of speech extends only to such public areas as restaurants, airports, streets, hotel lobbies, parks, and department stores. Verbal exchanges between consenting adults in private are as of little interest to me as they probably are to them."
- "Very few people possess true artistic ability. It is therefore both unseemly and unproductive to irritate the situation by making an effort. If you have a burning, restless urge to write or paint, simply eat something sweet and the feeling will pass."
- "Polite conversation is rarely either."
More In Pet
- "If cats were double the size they are now, they’d probably be illegal."― Doug Coupland
- "Time spent with cats is never wasted."― Sigmund Freud
- "When money is controlled by a few it gives that few an undue power and control over labor and the resources of the country. Labor will have its best return when the laborer can control its disposal."― Leland Stanford