More From Florence Griffith Joyner
- "A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up."
- "People want to think that staying in shape costs a lot of money. They couldn’t be more wrong. It doesn’t cost anything to walk. And it’s probably a lot cheaper to go to the corner store and buy vegetables than take a family out for fast food."
- "I couldn’t wait until I grew up. I used to look at my mom’s stockings and put them on with her high heels and mess with my hair."
More In Strength
- "You get elected, often, if you’re a woman, on the strength of the women’s vote; then you get into office, and you have to adapt to an overwhelmingly male environment."― Eleanor Clift
- "The strength of any weakness within us is the degree to which it is feared."― Guy Finley
- "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."― Christopher Reeve