More From Fiona Shaw
- "Like a lot of Irish households we read a lot of Irish history. It was almost Soviet, raising the next generation with a mythic view of their history."
- "Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
- "I’m not on the run from anything and I’m not at all clear about what I’m running towards. But as some great writer put it, I want to be certain that when I arrive at death, I’m totally exhausted."
More In Relationship
- "Yes, I think it’s really important to acknowledge that Dr. King, precisely at the moment of his assassination, was re-conceptualizing the civil rights movement and moving toward a sort of coalitional relationship with the trade union movement."― Angela Davis
- "There is no more lively sensation than that of pain; its impressions are certain and dependable, they never deceive as may those of the pleasure women perpetually feign and almost never experience."― Marquis de Sade
- "It’s about a father and daughter and the daughter’s friend and her relationship with her current husband."― Ismail Merchant