More From Fareed Zakaria
- "Americans have so far put up with inequality because they felt they could change their status. They didn’t mind others being rich, as long as they had a path to move up as well. The American Dream is all about social mobility in a sense – the idea that anyone can make it."
- "The technological revolution at home makes it much easier for computers to do our work."
- "What we see today is an American economy that has boomed because of policies and developments of the 1950s and ’60s: the interstate-highway system, massive funding for science and technology, a public-education system that was the envy of the world and generous immigration policies."
More In Great
- "Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Unless you have a perception of who you are as a lawyer, you will never be at ease in dealing with legal matters, clients, or courts. But if you know who you are and why you’re there, all you need is the expertise and the information."― Samuel Dash
- "We may seem great in an employment below our worth, but we very often look little in one that is too big for us."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld