More From F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero."
- "Some men have a necessity to be mean, as if they were exercising a faculty which they had to partially neglect since early childhood."
- "I’m a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t."
More In Forgiveness
- "To understand is to forgive, even oneself."― Alexander Chase
- "I did Star 80, which was a magnificent experience as well, but still, I was at the height of my career at the beginning. Then I had to jump down the ladder and climb back up again, which I didn’t understand. That was very hard."― Mariel Hemingway
- "Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness; it is the one crime in which society has a direct interest."― W. H. Auden