More From Evelyn Glennie
- "I just assumed the world was full of solo percussionists. I couldn’t find sticks or music or anything where I was, but that was expected because there was nothing there anyway. And I think that was possibly the greatest asset for me, just not knowing."
- "And as I grew older, I then auditioned for the Royal Academy of Music in London, and they said, well, no, we won’t accept you, because we haven’t a clue – you know – of the future of a so-called ‘deaf’ musician. And I just couldn’t quite accept that."
- "I walk into a kids’ store, and it’s amazing, the types of instruments – little squeaky things, rattling things, spinning tops."
More In Amazing
- "Amazement awaits us at every corner."― James Broughton
- "For 25 years, it has been my privilege to represent the city of San Francisco and the great state of California; to work to strengthen our vibrant middle class; to secure opportunity and equality."― Nancy Pelosi
- "Oh, man, if in real life I was as cool and suave as Coach Taylor and had all the answers, things would be easier."― Kyle Chandler