More From Eugenio Montale
- "Mass communication, radio, and especially television, have attempted, not without success, to annihilate every possibility of solitude and reflection."
- "Poetry is the art which is technically within the grasp of everyone: a piece of paper and a pencil and one is ready."
- "However, poetry does not live solely in books or in school anthologies."
More In Poetry
- "As things are, and as fundamentally they must always be, poetry is not a career, but a mug’s game. No honest poet can ever feel quite sure of the permanent value of what he has written: He may have wasted his time and messed up his life for nothing."― T. S. Eliot
- "Sometimes I even now feel like a stranger in my country. But I knew there would be problems because I had seen the world as a skater. And now? A lot of people in eastern Germany have lost jobs, rents went up, food costs went up, unemployment went to 20 percent. Freedom is good, but it is not easy."― Katarina Witt
- "I love romantic poetry."― Richard Dawkins