More From Eugenio Montale
- "Happiness, for you we walk on a knife edge. To the eyes you are a flickering light, to the feet, thin ice that cracks; and so may no one touch you who loves you."
- "Narrative art, the novel, from Murasaki to Proust, has produced great works of poetry."
- "True poetry is similar to certain pictures whose owner is unknown and which only a few initiated people know."
More In Poetry
- "Cut quarrels out of literature, and you will have very little history or drama or fiction or epic poetry left."― Robert Staughton Lynd
- "Our faith in the present dies out long before our faith in the future."― Ruth Benedict
- "I wish you would read a little poetry sometimes. Your ignorance cramps my conversation."― Anthony Hope