More From Eugenio Montale
- "Happiness, for you we walk on a knife edge. To the eyes you are a flickering light, to the feet, thin ice that cracks; and so may no one touch you who loves you."
- "There is also poetry written to be shouted in a square in front of an enthusiastic crowd. This occurs especially in countries where authoritarian regimes are in power."
- "Mass communication, radio, and especially television, have attempted, not without success, to annihilate every possibility of solitude and reflection."
More In Poetry
- "Even if you only want to write science fiction, you should also read mysteries, poetry, mainstream literature, history, biography, philosophy, and science."― Walter Jon Williams
- "One will never again look at a birch tree, after the Robert Frost poem, in exactly the same way."― Paul Muldoon
- "Poetry is a totally different art than film."― Stan Brakhage