More From Etta James
- "You can’t fake this music. You might be a great singer or a great musician but, in the need, that’s got nothing to do with it. It’s how you connect to the songs and to the history behind them."
- "Johnny Guitar… just one of my favorite singers of all time. I met him when we were both on the road with Johnny Otis in the ’50s when I was a teenager. We traveled the country in a car together.I would hear him sing every night."
- "Long as I was riding in a big Cadillac and dressed nice and had plenty of food, that’s all I cared about."
More In Smile
- "Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death’s perfect punctuation mark is a smile."― Julie Burchill
- "Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God."― Lawrence Welk
- "Those who weep recover more quickly than those who smile."― Jean Giraudoux