More From Ernst Mach
- "Physics is experience, arranged in economical order."
- "The biological task of science is to provide the fully developed human individual with as perfect a means of orientating himself as possible. No other scientific ideal can be realised, and any other must be meaningless."
- "If our dreams were more regular, more connected, more stable, they would also have more practical importance for us."
More In Science
- "Science is not addressed to poets."― George Henry Lewes
- "Agency by agency, we frequently have lost a bit of ground, at least to inflation-but had it not been for the efforts we’ve made to educate people about the importance of science, technology and advanced education, those predictions very well might have come true."― Charles Vest
- "It seems to me that socialists today can preserve their position in academic economics merely by the pretense that the differences are entirely moral questions about which science cannot decide."― Friedrich August von Hayek