More From Ernest Hemingway
- "If you have a success you have it for the wrong reasons. If you become popular it is always because of the worst aspects of your work."
- "I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after."
- "Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another."
More In War
- "In my rational mind, I know… that is a very simplistic way of looking at it, but when there is violence of that kind, it challenges my faith. I still can’t say that I totally understand why – why that is allowed to happen."― Linda Vester
- "Fantasy is toxic: the private cruelty and the world war both have their start in the heated brain."― Elizabeth Bowen
- "I think the International Criminal Court could be a threat to American security interests, because the prosecutor of the court has enormous discretion in going after war crimes. And the way the Statute of Rome is written, responsibility for war crimes can be taken all the way up the chain of command."― John Bolton