More From Erma Bombeck
- "I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."
- "Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I’m taking with me when I go."
- "Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other."
More In Graduation
- "We immigrants can sometimes sound a little hysterical about this because we come from places that have tried this and we know where it leads. Anybody who’s lived in countries with socialized health care knows that it becomes the dominant political issue."― Mark Steyn
- "The cool kindliness of sheets, that soon smooth away trouble; and the rough male kiss of blankets."― Rupert Brooke
- "If a student takes the whole series of my folklore courses including the graduate seminars, he or she should learn something about fieldwork, something about bibliography, something about how to carry out library research, and something about how to publish that research."― Alan Dundes