More From Erich Fromm
- "Just as modern mass production requires the standardization of commodities, so the social process requires standardization of man, and this standardization is called equality."
- "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
- "The capacity to be puzzled is the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science."
More In God
- "We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don’t like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and have gay friends in the Red States."― Barack Obama
- "It’s a funny thing: You want so badly for people to see what you do – you’re proud of it – and I like the effect that movies have on people. But the attention can also make me uncomfortable."― Kristen Stewart
- "One day I promised God that if he would give me my voice back I would never smoke again. I got three octaves back after quitting."― Mariah Carey