More From Eric Liu
- "Talk of citizenship today is often thin and tinny. The word has a faintly old-fashioned feel to it when used in everyday conversation. When evoked in national politics, it’s usually accompanied by the shrill whine of a descending culture-war mortar."
- "‘The Purpose-Driven Life’ is not just a mega-bestselling work of Christian faith; it is the thing that every voter, secular or not, yearns for."
- "We live in a great country. It’s time again to get religion about it."
More In Health
- "Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work."― Ralph Marston
- "The Supreme Court has never ruled that Congress can use the Commerce Clause to require individuals to engage in an activity they have chosen to avoid. Yet that is precisely what Obamacare does: It forces Americans without health insurance to purchase coverage. Such a requirement is unprecedented and unconstitutional."― John Cornyn
- "We are spending most of our time in American health care fixing the mistakes that either we in the profession are causing or our patients are, without recognizing it, causing to themselves."― Mehmet Oz