More From Eric Cantor
- "And basically, the sense of the ‘Pledge to America’ is this: Republicans understand when we were in charge, we got fired in ’06. We spent too much money. We defied the trust that the people had put in us. And we know that there is a better way."
- "You know, there are people making a lot of money in this country who can actually afford their own health care. We are in a situation where we got a safety net in place in this country for people who frankly don’t need one. We got to focus on making sure we got a safety net for those who actually need it."
- "We’ve had Town Hall meetings, we’ve witnessed election after election, in which the American people have taken a position on the President’s health care bill. And the bottom line is the people don’t like this bill. They don’t want it."
More In Health
- "I hope someday we will be able to proclaim that we have banished hunger in the United States, and that we’ve been able to bring nutrition and health to the whole world."― George McGovern
- "But, at the end of the day, we need to represent the taxpayers who have made enormous sacrifices. Many have lost their jobs. Many of them have seen their companies – they don’t have a pension – they have seen their companies cut the match for their 401(k). They have seen their health care benefits be shredded."― John Kasich
- "It’s no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."― Jiddu Krishnamurti