More From Eric Alterman
- "If newspapers were a baseball team, they would be the Mets – without the hope for those folks at the very pinnacle of the financial food chain – who average nearly $24 million a year in income – ‘next year.’"
- "The myth of the liberal media empowers conservatives to control debate in the United States to the point where liberals cannot even hope for a fair shake anymore."
- "To own the dominant, or only, newspaper in a mid-sized American city was, for many decades, a kind of license to print money. In the Internet age, however, no one has figured out how to rescue the newspaper in the United States or abroad."
More In History
- "My father and I made genetics history. We were the first African-Americans and the first father and son anywhere to have their genomes sequenced."― Henry Louis Gates
- "We have not invaded anyone. We have not conquered anyone. We have not grabbed their land, their culture, their history and tried to enforce our way of life on them."― Abdul Kalam
- "I want to write a book which is the history of comedy."― John Cleese