More From Epicurus
- "The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it."
- "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
- "It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls."
More In Courage
- "Moral courage is higher and a rarer virtue than physical courage."― William Slim
- "Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared."― David Ben-Gurion
- "When we have done our best, we can, as a united people, take whatever may befall with calm courage and confidence that this old nation will survive and if death should come to many of us, death is not the end."― Eamon de Valera