More From Emir Kusturica
- "What you have now is a Hollywood that is pure poison. Hollywood was a central place in the history of art in the 20th century: it was human idealism preserved. And then, like any great place, it collapsed, and it collapsed into the most awful machinery in the world."
- "That is a Medieval way of drawing history, in which they do not respect the law and want the rest of the world to respect the law. That’s not possible."
- "My purpose is to make a movie to make you warm. To give you some heat. Now, this rational world has become a place where only what is cool is good. Do you cut the movie on the basis of the beat of modernity or the basis of the beat of your own heart?"
More In Famous
- "I know there are people, if I go into a market or a city for the first time, there are people that are there that just want to see the famous person, or the guy from ‘Dumb and Dumber’ or whatever movie they liked. And that’s fine, it gets them in the door, but then it’s my job to give them something different."― Jeff Daniels
- "When I became leader, I made very clear I was not going to choose the easy life. I have always taken risks. I don’t like comfort-zone politics."― Nick Clegg
- "Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It’s the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them."― Lily Tomlin