More From Ella Maillart
- "Travel can also be the spirit of adventure somewhat tamed, for those who desire to do something they are a bit afraid of."
- "You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown, you travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself."
- "One travels to run away from routine, that dreadful routine that kills all imagination and all our capacity for enthusiasm."
More In Travel
- "We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."― Swami Vivekananda
- "Almost 70 percent of U.S. ag exports travel the upper Mississippi River and the Illinois waterway system."― Jerry Costello
- "I grew up skateboarding; it was fun. I didn’t think about money, I didn’t know how much professional skateboarders made. I just knew that if I became a professional skateboarder, I would achieve a lot and get to travel and do these great things."― Jason Lee