More From Eliot Spitzer
- "Companies that pollute should be taxed so that a product’s cost to society is reflected in the price of that product."
- "As someone with a deep faith in competition and the market, I also know that markets only work with tough enforcement of the rules that guarantee competition and fair play – and that the pressure to break those rules only gets stronger as the amount of money involved gets larger."
- "I have long said there are three distinct groups under the GOP’s tent: theological warriors, who want to impose their social views on the rest of society; Tea Party zealots, who say with a straight face that they want the government to get out of their Medicare; and remnants of the pro-business moderates."
More In Government
- "By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."― John Maynard Keynes
- "A government is invigorated when each of us is willing to participate in shaping the future of this nation."― Barbara Jordan
- "Higher taxes is the road to ruin. We must and we will shrink our government, and that means making some tough choices, tightening our belts."― Chris Christie